Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Action in India

Yesterday, a bomb went off in the city center of Pune. Some of the rumors even says there were four bombs, but I have no idea. I can`t really find to much about it in the news. Luckily nobody got killed or anything like that. Uahh, I have only lived here for one week, and something like this happens. And what kind of freaks me out, is the fact that all the other students here, have a completely undramatic way of relating to it. It seems to be just another everyday thing.

Our school is located rather far from the city center (like Kingston compared to London maybe, or Lichtenstein in Berlin), so we never did see or hear any of it. Still I can feel in my bones that it defintiely isn`t an everydaything for me, even though I try to convince myself it`s all good. Yesterday we were all sitting outside talking until it got prrretty late. Earlier in the day I felt exhausted and had been counting the seconds till the last lecture was over and I could sleep. Now, I was wide awake. Since everyone was so cool about the whole thing, I tried hard to be all calm and relaxed too, but I am pretty sure those who know me would have been able to tell I couldn`t let it go completely. I was talking about weird stupid things and had stuff in my hands the whole evening.

But what would I have said? This seems to be a part of their everyday life here, dealing with these kinds of things. Also, it appears to have been a politically motivated attack, which means it was meant to not hurt anyone. And nobody was killed, me neither, so if you read about it back home or something: everything is ok. Life goes on, and in one hour there is a a hand in for class. So I better run.


Bits and pieces
Karen

____________



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Andre blogginnlegg