Saturday, September 15, 2012

27,5 hours of birthday

One of the big advantages of living in a country far far away from home is the timedifference on your birthday. This thursday I turned 25 (uah..) and it kind of lasted for 3,5 hours extra this year. Not only did it last longer, it was celebrated differently too. Indian style. Man, I was a little worried about how it would be after seeing them being celebrated the last month. How it was? There was cake in my face, hair, arms, in my stomack (at least a little) and on everyone there.
 
In addition to my birthay, that thursday contained an exam and ten hours of lecture too, så there was no big shebang this year, but it was still an incredibly nice day. In the evening when I turned 25, the girls from my dorm, the boys from Berlin and a crazy group of guys from my class was there - together with an enormous amount of cake that was thrown og everyone and used to drown me in.
 
Birthdaysongs were sung in English and Hindi, and I got presents and hugs and everything. Back in my room that evening there was even more cake, and this time we even got to eat a bit of it. And when we entered, my part of the room was decorated by the girls too. Loved it!
 


The poster over my bed, with greetings in Hindi! Saving it forever
 

Me and (almost) all the girls in my hall
 
Straigh out of the shower, with almost no more cake and glitter on us
 
 Calling everyone to thank them for greetings and presents
 
 
The celebration comitee
 
 
As I mentioned, almost the entire day was spent in school, and with an exam the day after as well, the night of my birthday was spent quite calmly in our dorm. We ordered pizza and Indian food for everyone and ate on the floor in our room. You don`t really need more than that to have a great evening with your friends.





__________





No comments:

Post a Comment

Andre blogginnlegg